Our Holmegaard production facility in Denmark was founded on November 5, 1825.
Count Christian Conrad Sophus Danneskiold-Samsøe applied for a permit for the facility, to utilise the Holmegaard moor belonging to his estate, however the facility did not commence production until two years after his death, under the direction of his widow, the Countess Henriette Danneskiold –Samsøe.
Until 1831, the facility had one furnace, manufacturing only bottles. From 1832 household glass, art and industrial glass were also manufactured. A second furnace was built and the manufacturing of flint glass was initiated in 1835.
In 1853, Holmegaard Glassworks published a catalogue with many new glass forms such as madeira glass, torches, hyacinth glass, potpourri jars and clock glass.